Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

24th of July get-together

My aunt invited us to a Gorringe get-together at her house in Highland. We had a great time visiting with family we unfortunately don't get to see a lot. So we got to catch up with everyone. It is so good to hear their news and what they've been up to lately.
They had activites planned such as; water balloon toss (winners were Uncle Carl and Stephen), the coolest pvc rocket launcher ( I need to make one), and some good treats and a whole lot of visiting.
It's crazy to see all out cousins kids all grown up. Where has the time gone? It seems just yesterday that we were the ones that size. Hmmm, I'm old!!!
Spencer loved the rocket launcher, even though he wasn't big enough to jump on the 2-liter bottle that makes it fly, but he recuited help and made his rocket fly. He would go around hugging everyone (he knew they were family somehow) and then went right back to Aunt Alisa to sit on her lap.
Watching the rockets fly so high in the air was so neat. We all were amazed they went that high.
This is cute cousin Becky (pregnant) helping Spencer launch his rocket.
Crowd watching the rockets launch.
At my aunt and uncles place they have a huge patch of grass that's just perfect for little ones to roll down. So this is where Spencer was most of the time. He couldn't quite get the concept of rolling so he just ran down it.

No comments: