Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Finally, I made it!!!

So I have been wanting to make bumpers for the crib since Spencer was little and I have been too scared to attempt it. I had no idea how to, but I had a vision of how I wanted them to be. I wanted bumpers that were high enough so the older sibling wouldn't wake up the younger when they were sleeping. I couldn't find any like that at the stores sooooo reluctantly I went and bought the fabric and went to work. It took me about 5 hours and I got it made. It turned out ok and they work for what we want it for. So here is the before and after shot.
BEFORE!!!!!
AFTER!!!! I didn't think about the whole picture before and now that I look at it, it totally looks like a coffin inside the crib. I maybe should've picked black as the inside fabric. All we thought of was mickey mouse's (which is the red fabric) ears are black. So they are done and here is what they look like. Lincoln loves it, he loves to rub his face on the super soft black fabric. And no more bruises from hitting his head on the bars at night, I know I'm a horrible mom.

No comments: