Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bowler Family Reunion Festivities Part1

Papa came up to get us so we can leave the car with Jason and we can go to the Bowler Reunion in Gunlock. We stopped at Wendy's to get some grub on the way down and these glasses came in the Kids meal. So Spencer wore them the rest of the way down the state. He loved them!!
This is Lincoln trying on the glasses.
Spencer helped Grandma Bowler pick veggies from her garden. He had a blast.
Lincoln taking a load off
Spencer was showing off his new glasses to Grandma, she got a kick out of them.
He loved to show EVERYBODY his new glasses
Papa even tried them on. He's so cute!!!
So this is a very funny story. The first night at the reunion was a dinner at the park in Gunlock. Spencer had flip flops on and there was a lot of dirt and mud there. So after about an hour being there he ran up to me and said, "Mom, I need shoes on with socks, my feet are so dirty and I need you to wash them, please Mom, I don't want this dirt on my feet." So I told him I didn't have shoes and socks for him and that he was ok. Now you have to understand, the dirt he had on his feet was so minute. It was barely there, but it was freaking him out, he hated being dirty, no idea where he gets that from. So then about 10 minutes later, he comes over to me and this is how hw looked. He had mud ALL over him, from head to toe, all oner his arms and legs, it looked as if he swan threw mud. He was FREAKING OUT, he was almost in tears saying, "Mom, look what happened, I want it off, Mom, now, please get it off, I don't like it and I need it off." So I asked him what happened and he said, "Mom, it was an accident, I was running to go to the playground and there was this puddle and I slipped and, please mom I want to get in the bath and clean this off." Now at first when I saw it I was in disbelief, he was just freaking out about some dirt on his feet and now this. I had no clothes for him to change into, we had a 1 1/2 drive back to the house, we were at a park with no bathroom, I didn't know what to do. Luckily, to the rescue comes Uncle Jonny, bless his heart, he took him right over to the water spout, cleaned him up, getting dirty himself in his nice clothes, he saved the day. Thanks again, Jon, that was so sweet of you, I had no idea what I was going to do. All I thought of is, "this is gonna use all my wipes in the diaper bag, for sure." So I totally loved how Jon just went in and took care of it even when he didn't need to. We love you, Jon, thanks again, I will never forget the kindness you showed that day.
So here's another picture of the mess. Really Spencer was super upset with himself that he fell in that puddle of mud. He finally calmed down when I reassured him that it was an accident and that accidents do happen. Even in the most inoppurtune times.
This is Jon saving the day. I felt so bad, he was washing him off head to feet with his nice clothes on. He got all wet also and I felt so bad.
Another shot of Uncle Jon helping out poor Spencer boy. Spencer kept saying, "thank you Uncle Jonny, thank you so much." He was so happy to get clean.
Spencer with one of his favorite people in the world.
They had a bounce house for the kids. It was a great idea. The next day of the reunion they added water to the slide area so they could cool off in the heat. I made sure Spencer was dresses accordingly, even with his swimsuit on the next day, he didn't want sandals on. Go figure.
Spencer and McKenna all caged up in the bounce house. Poor kids, they were really hating it, can you tell?
Caden on the top of the slide.
McKenna giving me a smile.
Kelsey having fun in the bounce house.
The kids had a great time in Gunlock, the only problem I had was all the dirt, can you tell Kelsey was hating it as well?
Lincoln got to have the bounce house all to himself at the end of the day. He was really enjoying it.
Kelsey and Amy having a heart to heart.
"SMILE"
Papa and McKenna just walking and talking.
Now this looks so naughty.....but it really isn't what it looks like. Or is it? HEEHEE!!! Just kidding, I wouldn't be taking the picture if that was the case, if you know me at all, you'd know I would've been freaking out. So know it's really ok.
Uncle Ken, Aunt Robin, Uncle Vance and Vance's daughter Rachel just shooting the breeze with all of us around the table the night of the reunion dinner. It had been a while since we had the chance to visit with them all, so we had a great time catching up.
This is the cutest picture of Spencer with his Grandma Woodbury. He just adores her. They are so cute together. He is attached to her hip when we are down there. It really is priceless.
So this is the next day of the reunion. Uncle Vance and Aunt Julie were in charge this year and they did an excellent job!!! When we first arrived they put together the game, "Minute to Win it" and had some really fun games going. We had such a good time. This one is when you balance an Oreo on your forehead and without touching it, you have to get it from your forehead to you mouth by using your face muscles. It was a blast to watch. Caden did a pretty good job.
He got it in his mouth by using his shoulder. I know, I don't know how he did it, but he did.
Now he is eating his reward and loving it. Caden is turning into a man right before my eyes. His voice is changing and getting so deep. It's crazy!!! He makes me feel so old!!! I can't believe he is turning 13 in Jan., it's so unbelieveable!!!
Lincoln saying, "Cheese"
Kelsey leaning on her mom, can you see her belly, so cute. She's due the beginning of Sept.
The onlookers watching the games.
Uncle Ken trying to stack 5 apples under a minute. He did an excellent job. I think he was one of two that got it done.
He was determined to get it. Doesn't he look determined?
Alright Uncle Ken!!!! Good job!!
Spencer giving Papa a hug, he would be playing for hours and then come over and give his Papa a squeeze and then go back to playing.
Spencer was the only little kid that really wanted to try to stack those apples. It was really cute. He just went right up there and sat down and tried it. I was so shocked. he is not shy, at all!!! I guess he takes after his mom for this one, when I was his age I volunteered at a fair to be one of the contestants in a pie eating contest. I had no chance of winning, all the others were adults. But it was fun.
Uncle Ken giving Spencer a rub on the head.
This is one amazing man, Uncle Ken, with one cute little boy.
This was one of the Minute to Win It games. Caden had to put nylons on his head and without using your hands try to knock down the water bottles within a minute. He did a great job.
Our little monkeys in the cage. Brenna, Tessa and Spencer
Papa was introducing this pup to Lincoln.
This was a cake walk they did for the little kids. They went by age group and I kept waiting for my age group but it was never called. Shucks!!!

No comments: