Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Matthews Family Reunion June 28th-30th

 We went up to my Uncle Tom's cabin for the Matthews family reunion in the Uintahs. It was so fun. Jason was able to come this time which was a huge blessing.

There was a great turnout this year. I got to see a whole bunch of cousins and it was so fun.

 Luke playing with Zach.
 The boys and I went down to the little pond near the cabin with one of my cousins with her kids. It was so great to visit and relax while the kids threw rocks in the pond.
 Spencer and Linc loved throwing pebbles in the pond....it started with pebbles, then went to rocks, then we were throwing huge boulders and eventually by the end....Spencer fell in. Just kidding...his foot slipped in the pond and he got his shoe wet. That was the time we headed back to the cabin.
 Can't forget the IPad. My boys are addicted.
 See....what did I tell you. They are all watching Despicable Me.
 I love this picture.
 More IPad playing. Don't they know there is a whole playground outside to explore. Nope!
 Quincy loved being able to wander all over.
 This is one of my cousins little cuties, Hazel. She is so adorable.
 Quincy thought her toys were the best.
 He kept looking at her head wondering what that thing is.
 Isn't she the cutest!!
 More Zach play.
 Another one of the little kids that were all over this reunion. I love seeing all my cousins and their kids. They are all so cute. Quincy found a new friend.....until he kept pulling Quincy's binky out of his mouth.
 Hank enjoying one of Aunt Alisa's cookies. Yum!!
 Linc having a heart to heart with his Grandma Hale.
 Lucas loved the outdoors. He loved climbing the hills and trying to pick up the large sticks....formerly known as trees.
 AGHHHH....I almost have it!
 He loved looking at the ground and watching all the bugs crawl everywhere. He's obsessed with bugs and spiders.
 I don't know if Hank is liking this or not....just kidding. My boys love this....all but Linc. He's not a huge fan.
 Ok, you have to look at these next pictures in sequence. I wish I was video taping this. Lincoln wanted to help Mike carry the new huge sign for the cabin to the front and help hang it. So here he is just being the biggest help. Now just keep scrolling down and without giving it away....just look at Linc's bottom half.
 This is where Lincoln notices it, but Mike is still going so he doesn't want to stop...he wants to keep helping. So he keeps walking......with his shorts around his ankles.
 This is when Missy and I yell for Mike to stop and look behind him. Missy was in the truck and we both couldn't stop laughing.
Time to pull up those britches.
 Ok, we are all good to go....now lets put it in the truck and hang this thing.
 And off they go. Like nothing even happened.
 Hank enjoying "Espicable Me"
 The kids decided to put in a movie and this is how they looked when it began.
 And this is how they looked when it was over. They were all asleep.
 Alisa told Spencer he can sleep in her room with her on the other bed and then went to brush her teeth, this is how she found him when she came back. On her bed asleep. Heehee!!!
 Why is it they are so sweet when they're asleep?
 Spencer and Linc with their cousin, Lindsey.
 Big HUG!!
 We had a great idea to surprise Aunt Alisa for when she goes out to her car....
 We put hearts on the trunk and hood of her car with leaves. It turned out really cute.
 The end result.
 The hood.
 The trunk. I think she liked it.
 On our way home we saw the end result of all of Lincoln's hard work. This sign turned out really neat. It looks so awesome.
 Spencer had one more day left at school after the graduation the week before. So this was the letter he wrote her. It was really sweet.
 Page 2 of his letter to Mrs Thayer.
 July 2nd was his official last day. It was really light on kids since they had the graduation the Friday before. So it wasgreat for Spencer to get more time with his favorite teacher.
 We got her an end of the school year gift. It was a cooler with a towel and sunscreen in it. And of course, his letter to her.
 He was really sad that this was his last day of kindergarten.
 The last walk to the bus stop for this school. He was accepted in a gifted program at a different school so now we get to take him everyday to and from....so fun.
 Hank the tank giving his brother a goodbye send off.
 I made Spencer put his costume back on so I can take a picture of it with the hood up. I thought it turned out pretty awesome with the teeth I sewed on(yes, I did it myself on a sewing machine) and his fins.
 Side view.
A little hot for the middle of summer. But he didn't have to wear it long.

No comments: