Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Micah!!!!

Micah celebrated her 4th birthday at Hogle Zoo and Spencer and I were invited. Lincoln stayed home with dad so we can just focus on the older kids. We had a great time with them. Spencer and Micah were so cute together. They held hands and looked at all the animals together, they wouldn't leave each others sight, or we'd hear, "Where's Micah" or "Where's Spencer". It was really cute.
Brett's wondering what all the fuss is about. So he had to check it out for himself.
Spencer and Micah in the groundhog hole.
I think the kids would've just loved being at the playground all day. Who needs to see animals at the zoo? Seriously!!!
Micah and Spencer on the spiderweb. SPOOKY!!!
Spencer was really reluctant to even sit in this, and then I asked Micah to sit there too and she said, "No, thanks!!!"
Micah wanted to sit on the head of the croc. She told me it's only scary if you put something in their mouths.



Micah LOVED this huge tube slide. I think they both went down it 50 times each.


Then they had to try this slide, but it wasn't as fun. So they went back to the snake one.
This is just a cute picture of Micah, I mean every picture is cute of her, really.
See!!!
The kids also loved playing with the water globe that spins in every direction. It was a huge hit.


The whole time at the zoo the kids wanted to go on the train, even when we were at the opposite side of the zoo, that's all they wanted to do. So we hit that, for sure. I think they had better animals on the train then around the zoo. There was a lot of animals not even there, it was a little frustrating to walk all the way over to the bears to realize their not there. I think we should've paid 1/2 price when 1/2 the animals aren't there, that's my opinion.
Brett and Micah on the train. Becky opted to stay with the stuff since she was a little exhausted by then. I didn't really know why, I mean she had only ran 13 1/2 miles that morning at a half marathon. I would've been dead, I really don't know how she did it. She's amazing!!!
Spencer on the train.
The kids at the gorrilla's home, even though we couldn't see where he was.

Our little monkey, I asked Micah if we should just leave her here since she told me she was a monkey, but she said, "No, my mom and dad would miss me too much". I think she's right.
Whatever Micah did, Spencer followed suit. So here's our 2 monkeys.
The tigers were sleeping!!!
This is how close the giraffe was to us, I am not zooming in at all, it was really cool.
Here's the other giraffes we saw.
I'm sorry Brett and Becky, I had to post this one. This is after Micah devoured her first fruit by the foot snack. She was a huge fan of them. I think they ate the whole box within 15 minutes. They hungry little bears, so I guess we saw some bears at last.
Micah and Spencer also enjoyed the ferris wheel. Micah was on the elephant and Spencer was on an ostrich.

So this is in front of the elephants. They were right there right before I snapped this picture. FRUSTRATING!!!
See!!! This is exactly where they were right as I was getting the kids to smile at me and right when I took the picture they had vanished.
Micah wanted a picture on the elephant who "toots" a lot.

Brett and Becky were there when we got there and they had rented this cute wagon, so Spencer wanted to join Micah in it.
This is how they were the whole time at the zoo, they could be siblings. It's really cute.
Micah looking at the monkeys behind the glass.


Spencer loved taking pictures of the animals with his cool camera.
More wagon time. We had a great time and I hope Micah had a great birthday. We love you, Micah, thanks for letting us join in on your fun day.
This is that night eating choc. chip pancakes. Lincoln loved them, can you tell!!!

No comments: