Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

April 11th to May 2nd, 2011 St. George

OK now that I've posted this blog, it HAS been a while since I've posted. Oh Crap!! I said before that I wouldn' let this much time pass between posts ands here I go, doing that very thing. And really I know I have no excuses, so I guess I'll shut it and say sorry for that. But you know, I son't even think people rad this silly thing so I really shouldn't beat myself up too much. So here it is......
So the day after Lucas' blessing, the boys and I decided to hitch a ride with Jonsie down to St George and be down there for Prenny and Jon's newest arrival, Brooklynn. We had no agenda while we were down, just to visit family and have fun. The day afer we arrived, the boys and I all got bad colds. I thought it was allergies, everything was blooming and we weren't used to that, I mean we left snow up north to come down to actual Spring. 3 ER visits (2 for Lucas, 1 for Joni -lidney stone), a lot of cold medicine, and going to the bronchioloitis clinic 3 times a day (the whole time we were down there) for Lucas to get sucked out from nose to throat and a nasty eye infection later, we had a very eventful and relaxing visit. It ended up being a whirlwind of a whole bunch of emotions. We had the oppurtunity to attend so many fun events, Brenna's ballet recital, Easter egg hunt, the birth of a beautiful baby girl, Brooklynn, a lot of fun family dinners and get-togethers, picnics with cousins at the park, St. George Art Festival, and last but not least the inside of the IHC ER and Bronciolitis clinic.
Lucas was so sick, but he was still such a good kid. He had the hardest time breathing, it was so sad.
This is at one of our family BBQ's, this is Colton all bundled up in the swing, relaxin'. He fell asleep totally covered in blanket, bu his eyes were piercing through.

Prenny ready to pop, trying to start her contractions by likfting and holding Lucas. She was pretty done by this point of being pregnant, even though she barely looks it.

Brenna pushing her little doll she got from the Easter hunt. She's so cute. I love her little haircut. It makes her look so old. We also got to celebrate her 6th birthdfay while we were down, it was so fun for Spencer to be there. He really misses her.

Little Lucas enjoying his day out in the sun.

By the looks of how happy he is, you'd never tell how sick he was.

I put him on Soy the whole time we were down thinking that would help with his throwing up, but it just made the throw up stink and so we tried that for 3 weeks and went right back to the original formula. He has now been diagnosed with reflux and hopefully he will outgrow it.....SOON.

The kids were downstairs whil we were outside hiding eggs for the hunt and the girls decided to play dress up while they were waiting. So they went in little girls and came out princesses.
It was really cute.

Kelsey & Tessa, I mean, Princess Kelsey and Brenna. Thank goodness the boys stayed in there normal clothes. I don't know how I would have explained those pictures to you.

This is when the kids ran out to find the eggs.


Spencer with his cousin, Colton.

This is the diaper cake I made for Prentiss and Jon. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. The WillowTree statues added a lot. This was my first time adding those to the cake.

McKenna with her long locks that days later she cut off for Locks of Love. She has the cutest little A line now.

CAUTION: Sweet cousins at play.

Spencer showing us all the right way of eating olives. Silly us, we didn't know.

Spencer, Brenna, Kelsey and McKenna on the teeter totter. Spencer ran up and joined the mix for the picture only. He is really shy.

This was taken before the last. So cute.

Lincoln smiling at mom. Finally!!!!

Jon at the bbq. We had really yummy food.

Tyree and Brenna on one end with her friend and Spencer at the other. Tessa in the middle.

We had a great time walking around the St. George Art Festival. The boys were saying hi to everybody they saw and Spencer even hugged a few. We went to the Eric Dowdle booth and Spencer was so nice to him that we got a calendar for free out of it.

The kids liked taking off their shoes and walking in the water. It is really neat how they have this stream down main street that the kids can play in. Perfect for summer days. Perfect for moms to take their kids to.

The boys got sword balloons there.

Yes, they are swords.

Lincoln just being cute.

Tessa, Spencer, Lincoln, Brenna and Kelsey just back from a walk with Grandma Bowler. She started out with the kids in the wagon going around the block and came back with an empty wagon and all the kids were walking back. I think the wagon broke.



My big boy Spencer. I can't believe he's 4 already. He's such a good big brother. Couldn't have asked for any better with this one. Now Lincoln......just kidding.

Kelsey wanted to hold Luc.

Kids playing on the stairs. I don't get it, you have a large playroom with tons of toy for the kids and where do they end up, all gathered around 1 toy playing on the stairs. Crazy kids!!

Tessa's turn to hold Luc. Can you tell how happy he is being passed around....look at his hand, if that gives you any indication.

This picture is priceless. I love Lucas' pout. Brenna wanted her turn as well. I think they were just a little excited to have a new baby sister/brother (they didn't find out so it was a surprise when she delivered), so they wanted to hold Lucas as practice. They are going to make the best big sisters.

Brenna loved holding Lucas and smelling his skin. She thought he smelled so good.

She is an awesome big sis and cousin.

The kids outside Jon and Prentiss' house playing on their new tramp they just lowered in the ground. It used to be Jason's parents.

Jon playing "crack the egg" with Brenna. I remember that game, it's been so long.

The cousins at the park. We had a yummy picnic and the kids gt to spend some of their energy while the adults got to visit. Win-win for everyone. I love how that works out.

Lucas just enjoying life.

This is Grandma Woodbury teaching Spencer how to jump rope. It was such a priceless moment. One I will never let Spencer forget.



Look how little Lucas is in this swing.

Lincoln topless in the horsey swing. This was the day we were leaving and he got his shirt all wet, so we were drying it on the table while he played.

Sweet Grandma Woodbury with little boy blue eyes.

My 3 sons with their loving Grandma.



Grandma Woodbury took us out to eat the day we were headed back home. We ate at this yummy mexican restaurant.

Spencer has become a pro at taking Grandmas blood. She has to test before every meal and he just knows exactly how to do it and does it so well. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw him do it. I was trying to tell him what to do and Grandma put her hand on mine and sais, "He can d it, he is really good at it, just watch him, mom." And I did and was totally floored. He says he wants to be a doctor when he grows up and I think he is perfect for that field. He loves taking peoples blood or watching people get shots and stuff like that, but he makes the WORST patient ever. Isn't that about right.

Spencer concentrates so well when he's busy doing something so important.

Spencer and Brenna waiting at the restaurant to be seated.

Jason giving Lincoln a heart to heart.

This was after sweet Brooklynn has arrived. Lincoln is holding a doll and Brenna is holding Brooklynn.

She is so sweet. It was a total surprise when she came out. They were so confident she was going to be a boy. They had mostly boy names picked out. So now they have 3 girls and we have 3 boys. Crazy how things work out to be. And then Jared's family has 2 each. Oh well.

It was so wierd holding a babywith a bow in their hair. I mean Lucas looked a little silly when he had one in, but when Jason saw it, that was the last time that ever happened. Just kidding.......maybe!!!

Lincoln enjoying the sun. I told him he really should get out of the sun or he's gonnaget too tan. HEEHEEHEE!!! My poor kids are sooo white they will never have to worry about getting too tan. There are almost see through, as Kevin likes to point out. Just because Kambry is so tan, he liks to tease. I personally think Lincoln and Lambry are so close in skin color, it's almost uncanny. :)



Dapper Dan

Lincoln wouldn't open his eyes so here was the picture we got.





Baby Blue Eyes.





Brenna rocked her ballet recital. She was the cutest one up there. Spencer loved all the dancing and songs. He was dancing from his seat. All but the ballet dancing, that is.

Look how cute and innocent she looks. :)







This is what Lincoln looks like when he has a mothful of ice cream in and doesn't know what to do with it. He is looking at me like, "now what, mom".

Amy and Brenna at Brenna's birthday bash. I can't believe she's 6.

I think she liked what she got.

Lincoln with his favorite Papa.

The kids are so enthralled with Grandma Bowler cutting the cake. I don't think I've ever seen the kids so engaged.

Jon with his 2 girls (2 days away from having his 3rd).

We ordered a Tangled birthday cake for Brenna. She loved it.





It turned out so cute.

This is Lucas before he got his eyes fixed. He has had clogged tearducts since birth and this is how his eyes looked everyday. Most of the times they were worse. It was so bad. It didn't matter how many times we'd wipe them with a warm washcloth, they'd go right back to being gunky. Becky told me about the doctor she works for and how he does a procedure to fix that and we got him right in (thanks to her) and got him fixed......well his eyes fixed, that is. They took a metal stick and put it down his tearducts and popped his membrane that should have been open when he was born. Anyways, after the bloody tears ended (which was so scary to me) that lasted about 3-4 days he has been clear ever since. It's crazy how tears going down his cheeks are a great thing to see. If that makes any sense.

Now if we can just cure the throwing up all the time,we'd have a perfect child. I mean, until he starts teething or crawling or talking or......

I've never had to use bibs before with any of the other kids and so it's just a little frustrating having to change my clothes and Lucas' clothes 4 times a day. There is always laundry to do in my house.

Spencer and Lincoln with their Easter loot. The Easter bunny visited the kids both places, down south and up north. Spoiled!!!






No comments: