Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kambry's Blessing/Mother's Day/Hale family get-together

On this Sunday it was another one of those family packed sundays. First we had Kambry's blessing in the morning then we went to the luncheon afterwards and then we stayed at Kevin and Tenille's house for our monthly get-together with the whole family (we missed you Brett, Becky, Micah) and on top of it all it was Mother's Day. We had a great time and what a treat for Tenille to bless her baby and prepare for a bunch of people to come in their house for a luncheon and the best part was that their bishop put her on the spot right in sacrament meeting and asked her to bear her testamony. It was so awesome. Probably more so because thank goodness our bishop never asked me the month prior with Lucas' blessing, I think he knew we probably would move to a different ward after that. But she was a great sport and did a fantastic job. Happy Mother's Day, Tenille!!!!
Anyways, in this picture this is how I find Lincoln all the time. He gets in the carseat and zips himself in. It's so funny!! I think he misses it a little.
This is just one of those pictures you have to have. I think EVERY dad has to try this out with their newborns or at least with the boy ones. They just think it's the coolest thing to do. The dads, I mean, not the babies. They are just glad they are being held.

So these next pictures are the monthly pictures we take of Kambry and Lucas to see how they have grown. It's so funny because everytime we put them next to each other, Kambry touches him somehow. She either holds his hand or grabs something of his. Come on, their only babies. But it is cute, so here is the progression of how she attacks him, in a playful, loving manner.Here she goes. Right for his ear. He doesn't mind.




And now she has it and doesn't know why it won't come to her so she can put it in her mouth.
He apparently likes it.
And that's how it was until we picked them up. She just had a hold on his ear for the rest of the evening. ;)

Jason holding the smiling Kambry. She's happy as long as she can see her mom. She's such a mommy's girl right now and Tenille is eating that up. Kevin on the other hand.....

Another picture of the 2 babes.

So this is Kambry's room. I know it's probably wierd that I put this on my blog, but I am so proud of Kevin how he did this all by hand. the trim work is amazing and he pieced it all by himself. All the concept was his. It's really amazing. It turned out so cute. It looks like it should be in Pottery Barn Kids, it's that good.

So I'm a little obsessed. Yes, I haven't been able to have a nursery for my little babes so I have to admire people who do.

Hope you all had a terrific Mother's Day!!!

No comments: