Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Matthews Family Reunion - July 28-30

We had a fantastic time at my Mom's family reunion. This drive is the prettiest drive ever. I always take pictures of the scenery every time we go up. It's so breathtaking.

The reunion was in the end of July and snow was still around. It was so crazy!!







My man focused on the road. He was watching for animals. There is always animals on that road.

The cousins playing the Sega Genesis. Spencer was in video game heaven. He loves playing with these kids. Everyday since the reunion he has named off who he misses from this reunion. It's really cute. He gets so attached.

So Aunt Alisa was holding Lucas so I can take a cute picture of him and right as I snapped it...this happened. Let me just tell you, Alisa had to change he shirt. It was so gross, but it doesn't look like Lucas was phased by it at all. It did make me giggle a little, sorry Alisa. What an awesome picture.

My baby blue eyes.



Lincoln loves this cabin. There is a beam in the middle of the room that goes all the way up to the ceiling.I wish I would've gotten a picture of it, but he loves to touch it and rub it. It's really smooth, and what Lincoln does to it is so creepy.

Yes, this boy can do some creepy things. :)

Jason went shooting with the guys when us girls got to crafting. He took Spencer for the 1st time. It look like they had fun.

Proud dad!!!

Aunt Larena was so clever. She had the kids decorate this brown paper bag and then filled it with candy and made a pinata out of it. It was so fun!! The kids all got their turn to hit it and after many rounds (she double bagged it, we figured out that was too strong) the kids figured out how to poke it underneath with the stick and out spilled the candy.

Lincoln's turn at it.

He was so determined. He had his tongue out and everything trying to get this thing to break.

The kids went crazy. Lincoln grabbed 2 suckers and he was happy. It was so cute how after the candy was all picked up, the older kids went around filling the younger kids bowls up with their own candy. It was so sweet of them.



Our family.

My boys or should I say, my men. Who am I kidding, I was right the first time.



Ohhhhhh

This little girl is so precious. Really, I can't stop looking at her when she is around. She is so full of expressions and personality. I love her so much.

We had a family picture scavenger hunt (Uncle Tom and Aunt Larena's game) where we had a list of things we had to take pictures of. We had to stay together as families and we could only use one camera per family. It was so fun!!!! There was so many creative pictures. We then plugged it into a laptop and laughed at all the ways people came up with their pictures. It was so fun. Anyways, it was just too much for these little ones.

I carried this little guy in this carseat everywhere we went, but once I had had enough I took him inside and his Uncle Kevin watched him. This is how he was when we were all done with the hunt.

This reunion stuff is just so much fun that these kids jus can't take it. But kidding aside, we did have a great reunion. It really is awesome to see all the family that attends and we hope next year we get even a better turnout. It's such a great tradition. It's so great to catch up with all the families and we do have a fun time doing it.

No comments: