Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bowler Family Reunion @ Sand Hollow Aug 15th - 22nd, 2010

This is Linc with his Papa, all ready for the lake. He loved wearing Papa's hat.

So I know there is a heapful of pictures in this post, but what do you expect when you have a weekful of fun with people you love. Mom and Dad Bowler decided to rent a boat for the week that Jason had off for school so we went down and had a week out on the lake. We went to Sand hollow pretty much the whole week (there was down days when a storm blew in and when the boat broke, but that is a whole other story). So all of Jasons siblings decided to make this the Bowler reunion with the fam and take as much time to spend it together. I was so impressed, even when people had to work and send kids off to school everyday, they came out when they could and we had a blast together. Jon and Prentiss went out every time the boat when out which was huge for them because Jon had to work graveyard shifts a lot of the nights and Prentiss went to work every morning until noon. And with Brenna starting school that week, it was hectic for them, but they still made it and I was totally impressed. We had such a fun time together. Dad's back was hurting him after the first day on the boat so he and Mom came and brought us meals and sat out on the beach a lot of the time just to watch us and feed us. It was incredible.
"Cheese" is what Lincoln always says before the picture, he just doesn't get that he doesn't have to "cheese" it so big.
We were out until dark most of the days we took the boat out. The sunsets were amazing.
Sweet Lincoln
These pictures of the sunset don't do it justice. It was so breathtaking.


We were the only boat on the lake at this point. We wanted to soak up every minute of that boating time.
Prenny with Tessa. All set to go out on the tube. These kids were fearless. They loved the water and everything that went along with it.
The view from the boat. This was an excellent lake. It wasn't busy at all during the week, Saturday was really the only busy day we had and by that time we were almost all boated out. So that day was a very leisurely day.
Tessa girl smiling at her Aunt Neenie
I love these pictures of the kids. These 2 could totally be siblings. I know I say that all the time, but it's so true. These two are so cute together. Spencer didn't leave her side the whole week. He had to sit right next to her on the boat, didn't matter how many times she moved, he went too.

Spencer with "his Tessa" as he says.
GO JON!!! I was amazed at how long it's been for these guys and even Prentiss to go skiing and wakeboarding (which was a 1st for Prentiss) but yet it took them maybe 1-2 tries and they were up. I was sooooo impressed. I was just a little happy I wasn't able (pregnant) to even try it because I wouldn't have been able to get up at all. It would've been really embarrassing, so I was ok with just being the picture taker and watch the kids in the boat. I really didn't mind.
This is when we went on shore to grab a bite to eat that Mom and Dad brought to us every day. They were so awesome. So the parents ate and the kids pretty much played in the sand the whole time. It was a chore for them to break away to eat. We are so mean.
This was actually Lincoln's first experience with sand. At first he was a little skeptical, he didn't like that it made him dirty, but it only took him a little while to realize this sand is pretty neat stuff. He liked to let it flow through his fingers.
Lincoln pausing to play with the sand long enough to give me a smile. He's so generous.
Spencer loved the beach. He though it was so cool how he was "walking on water" as he put it. He loved the feel on the wet sand through the water.
I love this picture. Brenna just doing her thing with Spencer right behind. We were walking to the picnic area when I saw this shot and had to take it.
I was really shocked with how well my boys handled being on the boat all day without a nap. Lincoln just was happy as a clam on that boat. He fell asleep on it even when he was tired, he could care less where he was. And to this day when Spencer sees a boat on the road he asks if it's going to the lake and when we are going to. He loved it. I think we all had boat fever after the first day. We all want one.
Jason showing off with Spencer tubing on the first day. I was so shocked Spencer wanted to tube all by himself. This kid has never been in a lake before, he just acted as if he was in a large bathtub.
Spencer wanted to go on the tube every second out there, He couldn't get enough.
Tessa all tuckered out. I swear these kids can fall asleep anytime anywhere. Wouldn't that be nice? I wish!! This picture is so cute.
Spencer having the time of his life. He looks so small out there on this tube. My heart jumped everytime he fell off, he doesn't know how to swim, so I wanted to jump in and save him everytime. But everytime he fell off he got right back on (with a little help from his dad). I was a very proud mom. This kid is fearless.
My man wakeboarding. He's sooooo hot!!!!
I absolutely LOVE this picture of these two. I was at the front of the boat and saw a cute moment of true love and had to shoot it. Well you get what I mean. It really turned out cute. These two are so cute together.
This girly is so awesome at anything she does. She had never wakeboarded before and got up after a couple tries. It is amazing to me how talented some are. She just has that knack, I don't have. Sorry Prentiss, I know you don't want me to put this pictures in, but you are to good to not. These pictures are awesome. You put me to shame, for sure.
Cute Tessa girl!!
Lincoln wasn't all that sure the liked the water, but after a while, he got used to it. He liked to splash, so I just had to keep letting him do that and he was fine. He held on soooo tight. I didn't mind it, of course.
Spencer would ask if he could go swimming all day long while we were out, he would just jump right in. It was interesting having to tell him while we were swimming that if he had to go, now is the time. He thought I was crazy!!!
Our little clan swimming.
Jon giving Spencer a little push back to the boat. Let me explain, my boys never go swimming, I mean the bathtub is it for them and for Brenna and Tessa swimming is no biggie, their grandma Thacker has a pool they were at most of the summer. So I was completely shocked that Spencer would jump right in and never think twice.
Brenna just giving me a smile before she jumped right back in.
Jon doing his thing, showing us all how it's supposed to be done.
Spencer with his dad waiting for the boat to pull them.
Prentiss whispering words of encouragement to Tess before their ride. Just kidding, she's probably just giving her kisses. How am I supposed to know, I'm on the front of the boat, thank goodness for the zoom on my camera.
"Wheeee"
Sweet Brenna
Prentiss giving me the hand, she probably wanted to give me the finger, for how many pictures I was taking this week. Just kidding!! I mean, for the finger comment, not the picture taking comment. I was a shooting maniac. What else was I good for on the boat then that. Not much, I say.
My two boys enjoying life.


Brenna and Tessa
Spencer telling Lincoln how it's gonna go down.
These kids are so photogenic. So I took every chance I could.
See, what can I say, am I right or am I right. So cute!!
My kids can take a pretty good photo once in a while also.
The gang on shore.
Jared enjoying the fact Jon just fell off the other tube.
Jason taking some air.
McKenna all pooped. These kids were real troopers.

Spencer was always volunteering to be the flag boy. He loved when people fell off so he could hold up the flag. Should I be worried that he liked it when people fell off?
Caden was like one of the grown ups. He was getting the same amount of speed and harshness on these tubes as the older boys. And he did an awesome job at keeping up. I think when the grown ups were with Caden they all wanted to come in way sooner than Caden, but it was there pride that wouldn't let them. They didn't want to be shown up by a 12 year old. So good job, Caden!!!
Brenna's turn to snooze. She was sprawled out on the floor. I couldn't believe she stayed asleep the whole time the men were tubing. It was a rough ride.

This is Jared biffing it. Look at the air Jon got!!!
Me and my Spencer boy!!!!
These guys were getting whipped around out there, Jason was driving and I couldn't believe how fast they were going. I know the whole goal is to knock them off there tube, but man, it was brutal.
Jared and Jon
I took this picture of Jason and Spencer's feet together. The camera took to long to turn on so the tube had turned by then, or it would've really been an awesome picture.

Papa out swimming with the kids. When we pulled into the lake area, they had a sign that said, "Beware of swimmers itch" which happened when you are playing near the beach, something to do with bird poo poo. So I stayed away and made sure Spencer and Lincoln did too. I know, I'm a mean mom. They had to stay on the shore when the other kids played in the water near the beach. I am horrible.
This lifejacket was worn by Jon when he was this little. So you can imagine he probably looked just like this with his blonde hair and blue eyes. It was a blast from the past for them seeing Spencer wearing it.

Prentiss looking great as always. It makes me sick!!!!;) I just am a little jealous, can you tell.
So this is when we broke the boat. We had tubers out on the lake and all of a sudden the boat made this wierd sound and then nothing. It wouldn't do anything. So we had to call dad who was on shore to go get help and this is what it looked like. We took it in the next morning and we were back on the lake the next day. It took one day for them to fix it. It was a problem that would've happened with whoever had it next. Just a wear and tear moment that happened on our watch. Lucky us!!!
But if we hadn't had the problem, I wouldn't have been able to get these pictures. See, a win win situation. Right? Just trying to look on the bright side. I know, a new thing for me to do. I just wanted to see Papa in this lifejacket, hahaha!!! He's so cute!!! And the kids all got a bracelet that said, "I got caught.....wearing my lifejacket", they were pretty thrilled with that. To this day you can ask Spencer what his bracelet said and he will tell you word for word. He repeated it the whole way home that night, lucky us, huh!!
Cool pictures, huh. I bet if you own a boat you wish this would happen to you so you can have this experience. It's quite a cool one, that's for sure.
McKenna and Spencer
Spencer wanted so badly to go out on the tubes with his Grandma Bowler. I didn't know if that would happen.....
I was wrong..Mom was a real trooper to go out with him. That's one experience on the lake he'll never forget.
The two of them out there together. So cute!! Spencer was thrilled that his Grandma Bowler would do this with him.
Lincoln taking it all in.
I love this picture of Jon driving the boat with his wife wakeboarding behind. Picture this, Jason driving the boat with a big splash of waves behind, that would be me being dragged behind because I couldn't get up. That would be a picture I tell you. That's exactly what it would look like too, if I would've tried.
Jason and Linc
Brenna doing some pull ups to get ready for the tube.
Mt man again skiing. He makes it look so easy. Dang him, dang them all that makes it look like this.
Can you see the little sleeping princess in this picture? She was asleep for quite a while like this.

We got these lifejackets for the boys before we left home. They are really strange looking, but they worked so well. I just wish they would've labeled the front and back a little bigger on them, I had a hard time putting them on because I couldn't tell the front from the back. Can you?

The parentals watching us from the shore, enjoying the sights and sun.
Another person who makes it look so easy. Dang him as well. ;)
Look at this jump. I wish the tube wasn't in the way or this could've been the magazine shot. SHOOT!!!! Good job, Jon. This was, I think, his first attempt wakeboarding this trip. Show off!!!

We would stop at the gas station to fill up the boat and get a drink before heading out on the lake every day. I would get a frozen drink everyday and everday it would get taken over by this little boy how would drink it all up before I even got to take a sip. Can you see him hoarding it, little stinker!!! He wouldn't even let me look at it without him complaining.
But how can you resist this face. Seriously!!!
Jason taking every opportunity to drive this boat. He really misses not having a boat like he did when he was younger.

Brenna after her first day of school. She's turning into a little lady now, it's crazy how time has flown by. I can't believe she's in school now.
Tessa and Spencer taking turns as the flagger.
After a long day out on the lake, nothing's better than to be read to by your cousin. McKenna and Spencer reading the Friend before bedtime.
Lincoln's turn to make some noise. I think I have a picture with every kid on this piano, it's very popular at grandma and papa's house.
Grandma Woodbury giving the boys a push on the swings.
Spencer found these sunglasses in Grandma Bowler's toys (some that belong to a bear that Jason remembers when he was young, so they've been through a lot for a long time) and so he wanted a picture wearing them with Grandma Woodbury, but before I took the picture, Spencer had to find some sunglasses for her to wear also. So after finding some in her room, it was time to take the picture.
Lincoln with his "cool little brother" tanktop on.
Spencer now wanted a picture without the sunglasses with Grandma Woodbury.
I know, he's so demanding, but I just shoot away. Spencer with his "cool big brother" tanktop on. He loves to match clothes with his little bro. I know that will eventually end, but for now, I am enjoying it.
Spencer went to Grandma Woodbury's room to get her walking stick. He thought she might need it, then he proceeded to tell her how it's supposed to be used, like she didn't know. He's so helpful. I just thought with these sunglasses and the walker, he looked like an old man.
Do you agree?
Cousins swimming together having a jolly old time. Probably all making the water warm as we speak. :)
It's usually the culprit who swims away the fastest, shame on you, Spencer. He also has the biggest grin on his face.
Lincoln looks like he's up to no good also.
Suspicious grin, don't you think?
Jason and Spencer out for a swim. The water was so nice. It was pretty warm. I hate cold water and I went swimming all the time with the kids. It was really the only thing I could do other than sit on the boat, so I took advantage every chance I could.
This hat was only on him for about 10 minutes, it made him look like a dork so I put it away and used the other one I had. This one was good because when we were going fast, it didn't fly off his head, well how could it, look how tight it is. So it got put away for good.
Brenna going solo on her own tube with her dad right beside her.
She was so excited.
This picture is so cute, even with her hair in her face. I don't think you can take a bad picture of Jon and Prentiss' girls.
Caden with Spencer and Tessa.
Caden helping Spencer up the ladder.
Jon went tubing with both his girls. Soooo cute.
McKenna, Caden, Brenna, Tessa and Prentiss soaking in the sun.


Spencer was in this position a lot watching the tubers or skiiers. He was so good to shout out if they fell or not. Good eye, Spencer!!
Jon and Prenny clan out tubing
Prentiss and Tessie giving me a smile before their ride.
A daddy's kiss means so much!!!
Jon and Brenna's turn
Spencer coming in for a towel after swimming
Jared showing off, this is usually what happens right before the driver decides to gun it and buck you off.
Brenna watching the tubers


Spencer making a joke to Jon who played along like it was hilarious. Just kidding, I don;t know what's going on here, I just took the picture. It turned out cute regardless of the back story.
Another cute shot.
Sooo cute!!!
The gang swimming again. We did this a lot. It was fun!!!
The kids loved to come up the ladder just to jump off the back. It was a vicious cycle.
Father and daughter....ohhhhh!!!
Father and son.....ohhhh!!!
This was Spencer's first jump into the lake, I know these pictures are all backwards. This is actually our 1st day on the lake when we first got there. Spencer was a little reluctant to just jump in, but it didn't take him long to do it (like 2 seconds). I was totally shocked he just jumped right in, I mean this was a BIG bathtub.
He loved every minute on that lake. It's now October and he's still asking if tomorrow is the day we go to the lake. I try to tell him the water will be slightly colder, but he doesn't believe me.
Spencer and lincoln giving Papa a backrub. It doesn't look like he's enjoying it, but he really was, at least he was a very good faker.

No comments: