Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Colton's Baby Blessing Oct. 10th weekend

This was another one of our super fast down and back trips to St. George. Jared and Amy's newest, Colton Bradley Bowler, was blessed on Sunday, Oct 10th, so we wanted to be there for that special event. We went down Saturday night after Jason got home from school and he drove back on Monday while the boys and I stayed a couple extra days and came back with my sis, Jonsie. It was a crazy time packed with a whole bunch of fun family time. We had the blessing on Sunday, went right after that to Brenna's Primary Program (which she did awesome in) and then went back to Jared and Amy's for dessert and visiting. We had a great time with family and got to see a lot of family that we haven't seen in a long time. So it was a really good trip.
Then on the last night we were eating dinner with Grandma Woodbury, Grandma Bowler and Papa and Vicky suprised Lincoln with a pumpkin cake for his birthday. It was a fun suprise and they brought out gifts for him to open and just had a little birthday bash for him. Lincoln loved it. He sang, "Happy....to you" the rest of the night.

Lincoln licking his lips, getting ready to eat cake. YUMMMM!!!
Do you think my son is white enough? Holy cow!!! He needs to see some major sun, now and then, don't you think? The flash on the camera didn't help the cause either.
Lincoln giving Grandma Woodbury some sugar after he opened up some Tonka Chunky trucks for his birthday. They are the best for little chunky hands like his.
We love Grandma Woodbury so much!!! She is an amazing woman who adores my kids and my kids are just in love with her also.

Our little birthday bash for Lincoln, thanks to Grandma Bowler, it was really fun. Thanks again, Vicky, we loved it and that was so thoughtful of you.
Lincoln inspecting his new toys. I think he approved, he still plays with them daily.
Lincoln getting sung to. He also joined in with his own version. "Happy, to me. Happy to me". It's so cute.
This cake was so cute. It tasted good too.
Suprise!!!! Grandma Bowler planned this whole thing without my knowledge, it was so sweet of her to do that.
"I've gotten up here, and I can't get down." So after I grabbed the camera I helped him down....well, I had some things to do first like, going to the bathroom, making a phone call, getting something to eat, running to the store........and then I got him down. Juat kidding, maybe I only did a few of those things before I helped him down. I mean, I had to take advantage of having him peoccupied so I could get some things done for a change. It worked out pretty well, I think, at least. WHAT!!!!?
An hour and a half later..........HEEHEEHEE!!!
Lincoln enjoying a push.


Spencer is showing Lincoln where Papa was. Papa was working on the fence and Lincoln wanted to see, so Spencer gave him a hand. It was soooo cute.
OHHHHH!!! That's all I can say about this.
So do you think I should worry when my kid loves to lift his shirt up so much? He is always wearing onesies, so when I leave it off, this is how he walks around all day. It's soooo wierd. Maybe it's that my kids are soooo white that they can't tell the difference between when the onesies on or off, the only difference is the belly button showing, so maybe that's what he's looking for. I don't know or maybe my kids are just wierdos. They get that from their dad, yeah, that's it!!!
"Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the Spencer man." I know, that was lame, but hey, it's late, just give me a break. Let's just move on!
This is a very rare sight......Lincoln actually looking at the camera and giving me a smile. It's either one or the other with him. I usually get the top of his head as he is saying, "cheese".
I think should really work on getting my kids to smile more, what do you think?
Spencer doesn't know
See what I mean about wierdos. I think maybe they think one of these times they look, it'll be gone. Nope....it's still there.

Always take time to smell the.........ummmm...whatever these flowers are. But anyways, like I was saying, take the time.
So as you can see by these pictures of my boys that there hair is a little crazy!!! It's time to take them in and get it cut. I mena, wow, look at Lincoln's do. I promise, I so their hair in the morning, this must've been right after a nap.
Whatever one boy does the other must follow. So here's Spencer smelling the flowers.


Don't ask what he's doing. Most of the time, I have no idea. I just take the pictures and then wonder after.
These next pictures were taken by Spencerboy. Here's Papa giving Spencer a "say disneyland" smile. Spencer's too good to ask you to say "cheese", he has his own method at taking pictures. He has you say, "disneyland", then he says, "remember it's the happiest place on earth so give me a big smile." It works every time. He's a pretty good little photographer.
This is after Spencer told Papa that "Papa, Janey says your a turkey". An inside joke between a good friend that baby-sat Jason and his brothers when they were super little back in Chicago. She happened to be our ultrasound tech at my doctors office. It's such a small world. It was so good to get the Bowler's and her back together after years. She's such a teriffic woman. We love her to pieces and Spencer doesn't stop talking about her and how she had Spencer say that to Papa the next time we saw him. It was so funny to see Papa's reaction.
Grandma Vicky with her newest grandson, Colton.
Caden giving Spencer a smile.
This is so cute of Uncle Jared, McKenna, and Spencer watching tv together.
Spencer is so fascinated with tiny babies. He is soooo soft with them. He's going to be my big helper in a couple months.
Lincoln and Spencer couldn't stop looking at Colton. They were so soft and loving.
These two have a bond that I can't really explain. Spencer just adores his Grandma Woodbury. She is the first one he runs to when we go down south. It is truely the cutest thing ever. Whenever I can't find Spencer in the house down there, Grandma Woodbury's room is the first place I look, and that's usually where I can find him. They spend so much time together when we are down. It's so special!!! It's her room he goes to right when he wakes up in the morning, and sometimes it's 4am when he decides to see her. Poor grandma. Most of the times I can catch him and direct him back to bed, but sometimes I don't hear him and he slips by. But she is such a great sport, she just tells him to go back to bed and came back after the sun comes up.
Prentiss and I took the kids to a children's museum type place close to the Bowler's home. It was super cute. The kids had a blast there together and it was so perfect that as they played, Prentiss and I could just sit in chairs and watch them and chat. I had the best time visiting with her. It seems too long and far between visits to get caught up with all the latest news so it was soooo good to sit and just talk. They kids had sooo much to play with that they were in heaven. They would have stayed there all day if they could, but us moms got tired and ended it after a couple hours. Thanks Prenny, for going with us. We had a great time and it was so good to sit and talk with you. We need to do it again.
This place was so fun. It was all southern Utah themed. It had a little Lin's marketplace grocery store, a Staheli farms where the kids could get up on a saddle and dress up cowboyish style, a Tuachan theater stage where they can dress up and get behind a curtain to perform, and a whole bunch of other cute places to visit and play. Spencer and Brenna had a blast putting on costumes and putting on plays of us moms to watch. They are a hoot together.
Our two pirates. "ARRRRGGGGG, maateys"
Another good shot of the two.
Lincoln wondering how in the world do you get up there.
The crew, and may I say, what a fine looking crew it is.
Brenna showing me how to use her sword. "Watch out"
My knight in shining armour coming to save the day.

These two are such characters. Look at Spencer's face, I mean seriously....
Lincoln just wanted to close the curtains the whole time. That apparently was his job.
"Open"
"Peek a boo"
Lincoln found his calling. He loved this cash register.

Everyone had to take there turn behind the counter. Don't you wish every job was this fun?



Spencer loved this construction set. He was pretty good at picking up the pieces and putting them in the wheelburrow.

Lincoln just sat in this car forever. You can change the tires and fill 'er up. It is really cute. He just like turning the wheel and making car noises. One day son, one day.


This was on our way to the blessing.
Lincoln looks like he's in pain here. It also looks like he has a HUGE head. "look at that boys head, it's got it's own weather system......" Did you get it......come on people......"I married an axe murderer". Ok, test is over, I'm going to bed now. Good night.

No comments: