Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 6 - Seal Beach and drive home

 This was our last day here. This is the boys waiting for me to make sure we got everything packed up and ready to go. Huge helpers.....
 Yes, I know. I need some help on my packing skills. Bu we did have everything we needed,at least I can say that. But we had a great stay at this hotel. It was really fun.
 We drove to IHOP before we headed to the beach.
 The boys loved walking on the pier hand in hand. We went all the way to the end and turned back to get our suits on.
 There was a lot of fisherman on this pier and as we walked past these 2 guys caught a sting ray. It was so fun for the boys to see it. They said this was the 3rd one that day they had caught. They cut the stinger off and threw it back in. I think that was the reason Linc had a tough time going in the water.

 I tried getting this shot about 6 times and then I gave up and came up with something else. The tide kept coming in.....imagine that.
 So I had the boys gather all the broken shells they could find and we made this. This took longer than I thought it would. The pieces were tiny.
 Spencer loved playing in the water. Linc on the other hand, didn't want anything to do with it. He liked staying up on shore with me. Spencer did have a scare....a wave took his feet from under him and was under for a while. Luckily, Jason was right next to him and Spencer brushed past his leg underwater. It scared all of us. I had no idea this all happened because Lincoln and I were playing in the sand. I heard all about it later on. I would have freaked if I had seen it.
 Jason finally got Lincoln to like the water.
 Spencer finding me shells.
 Enjoying the hot sand.
 Lincoln's unique way of laying out.
 Spencer wanted to be buried.

 These roses were floating up on the beach from somewhere. They were all over the shoreline. It was a cute addition to our artwork.
 It didn't take long for this little boy to fall asleep on the way home. Too much fun at Seal Beach.
As you can see, we were so spoiled by using Grandma Bowler's minivan. The boys had the best time with the dvd player and for that, so did Jason and I. This sealed the deal that I desperately want and need one of these vehicles. It was so nice!!! So thank you again, Mom, your van was such an awesome bonus to an amazing vacation. Let me just say, I cried all the way home from St. George when we had to give back the minivan and were back in our Acura. I'm not kidding........

1 comment:

alisa said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I'm so happy for you. The pictures of the boys walking hand in hand on the pier is priceless!!