Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Monday, January 17, 2011

An Ode to awesome Aunts

So if you don't know my boys, they love everyone. It doesn't matter if they are strangers on the street. If you smile at my boys you are now friends for life. It's quite scary really. They will talk to everyone and anyone. Spencer loves going in stores acting like he's on a parade route wishing everyone he sees, "Merry Christmas, Happy New year" I mean anyone he sees. He will always smile and say "hi". I have to give thanks for it mainly to one individual. Aunt Alisa. Whenever Spencer starts his routine around the stores or anywhere we are, he then after he greets everyone turns to me and says, "That's what I learned from Aunt Alisa". Yup!!! I don't think there is anything I have taught this boy in his 4 years of living, it's all, "That's what Aunt Alisa taught (or at one point, it was teached) me, Mom." Yes, my boys LOVE (it's more like ADORE) their Aunt Alisa. They love and adore all their aunts and uncles, but it's something with Aunt Alisa that they just have this thing with. It's really quite amazing. So Alisa, if you haven't seen her blog lately, has a post of the joys of being an aunt, so I thought since I had these pictures, I would honor her back. I hope this does not offend any of the boys other aunts and uncles. They love you all tremendously also, it's just I needed to do this. So here it is.
Lincoln plays with Aunt Alisa's scarfs every time she comes over with one on. I don't know what it is about her, but my kids just climb all over her when she is near. They will sit on her lap, sing songs with her, read books with her, or just be by her side the whole time she's around. She's like the kid whisperer. It's crazy!!!!
Don't they look so unhappy to have their pictures taken with her. I mean it's like pulling teeth to get them to smile when she's around.
It's so bad that when I asked Spencer as we were writing his letter to Santa Claus, who was the most special person in his life, who do you think was his first pick, yup it wasn't mom or even dad. It was so bad that after the obvious choice of Aunt Alisa and all his Grandmas and Papa and all his other aunts and uncles and cousins and Lincoln and even his Mickey, we eventually had to say, "Spencer, who do you love in this room" and as the choices were now narrowed down for him with only mom and dad in the room, we finally were named. After many cries on Jason's shoulder after that one, I finally realized who came first for these little boys. And it wasn't me :(
So I know I will always be in my sons hearts, way way way down.....somewhere down there, on more of the surface area of their hearts is a special place for their Aunt Alisa.
As I said before this ode is not to make all the other aunts and uncles and loved ones in my boys lives feel like they are not loved as much as Aunt Alisa, not by any means at all. My boys adore all of you equally. They love you all way more than their mom and dad, that's for sure. They are super lucky to have you all in their lives. I am also blessed imensely, for all of you, if it wasn't for you all, I don't know if I'd be sane or my kids would be around still. My boys and I love and adore you all. Thank you for all you do for us. Thank you for loving us. Or should I say more, thank you for putting up with us. I know it's hard 100% of the time. So we appreciate all of you and love you even more.

1 comment:

alisa said...

Thanks Neens! You are very sweet! I'm sure the rest of his aunts and uncles will echo my thoughts: Your kids are so cute and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE spending any time we can get with them.