Disclaimer: I have made this blog for the intent to show loved ones what we've been up to lately. I also want to one day print it out and have it as a journal for the kids. I am not doing this to brag at all. I just thought this is a great way for you all to see what life's been like for us and what we've been doing. I love to see other people's blogs and see their pictures and see what they've been up to. That's all I'm doing here. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kambry turns 1!!!

Another disclosure, I know, I'm so bad at this.....I may have borrowed a couple pictures from Tenille. Ok... I did. Thanks Tenille, for the permission you have granted me without your knowledge. You are so sweet!!

Kambry turned 1!! We were invited to her "pinkalicious" birthday party. Tenille did such a great job decorating and putting on a great party. She sure does know how to Party!!! And Kevin does too, I bet he had his hand in all this too. He may not admit it, but he does know his pinks. They had it all pinked out. Kevin even picked out the walker that is all pink and princesses. It's really cute. It really brings out his feminine side.....finally!!! It won't be the last time either. Not with his little princess around. She has him wrapped around her finger...he won't be able to say "no" to this little angel...ever.

She looked the part as the birthday girl, for sure. She is so adorable. I made a mistake by calling her a toddler on facebook saying she isn't a baby anymore and I was corrected by Kevin saying that she will always be his baby. He is a little smitten with her...how could you not be. Look at that face!!!

Here's the walker that Kevin picked out. She's a pro already at it.

It is so cute how they decorated this big day!!

They had pink lemonade, pink cake pops (made by Tenille) and all the room was pinked out.



Mom Hale was sick and so was Spencer so I went with Alisa and took along Lincoln and Lucas. They had a good time. Pink doesn't scare these boys.

Kambry came over to thank Lucas for coming to her party.

It's crazy that it's not going to be that long before we have another 1 yr old on the loose. I better get started on thinking of ideas for it. MAybe after the holidays I'll get onto that.

Kambry had a good time opening up presents, she just didn't like the idea of having to put them aside to open another one. She would've been just happy opening one and then being able to play with it. She would've just been happy playing with the bags and tissue, really.

Kevin was so excited to blow up this fish that was supposed to fly around the room, but after a ling time trying to get it to work, he couldn't. He thinks his helium wasn't all that powerful. But it was still fun watching him try it get it to work. Now if you ask him....I think he might say something different. The suspense was killing us all waiting for this thing to do something, but it didn't work out. Oh well.

Lucas trying out the walker, pink doesn't scare this little boy. He was fine with the standing part, but when the thing moved he just held on for dear life and let the distance between him and the walker grow bigger and bigger until he fell flat on his stomach. He's still working on the moving his legs thing, hey it's hard to figure out. I can see how the left, right, left, right can stump someone. It still stumps me most of the time.

Tenille is so cute, she had made these cake pops and you know when you make things like this, presentation is everything. Isn't this so cute how she made the holders with her name on it, I think with all of them together they spelled out "Happy birthday kambry". So fun!!
So this was taken by Kev and Tenille the day before, they had a celebration with Kambry's birth mom and parents. This is how she got into the cake eating after a while of "ignoring" her. It was too cute not to "borrow" it or steal (you be the judge).

Isn't Tenille a hottie!!! She is so cute. Anyways, this is when we were singing to Kambry. She had a little help blowing out the candle.

She knew the plan on the cake, but she wasn't all that into it. She ate some of it, but nothing like the day before. I think she knew how long it took the day before to clean her up and she didn't want that again. She knew her mom wasn't all that into the mess of it all. Can you tell by all the precaution....the bib, the highchair, the floor mat. It was really cute.

She was taking her time. No rush here.

She looks like she's bored here, but actually from across the room someone was talking on the phone and she was taking a call herself. She holds her hand up to her ear and says, "hi". It's really cute. It's so funny how "hi" was her 1st word.



This is so cute. Kevin is so adorable with Kambry and I think Kambry likes him just a tad. They are so cute together. I always knew Kev was going to make a terrific dad, but I never pictured how much fun it is to watch him with her. They have this bond that is priceless to watch. Tenille is also the best mom ever. They just radiate love between each other that you can feel from the other side of the room.

Here's the precautionary methods.

Kambry was more interested in all the people than the cake. She would eventually get back to it now and then, but most of the time she was just looking around being cute.



This was her digging in. Then she waved her hand and it all went on the floor, thank goodness the mat was there. It's all out of love, I promise. I love you guys tons. I think Tenille put it perfectly, "The more you tease, the more love there is".

She was pretty much done here. It's all fun and games until someone gets cake there. Heeheehee!!!!

Lincoln loved playing with this pink and purple purse that makes noise when opened. I wanted to take this picture for his dad to be so proud of when he sees it. I think we haev an idea of a christmas present for him.....hmmmm....we shall see.

No comments: